community development director
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician
The Community Development department for the Village of Ruidoso includes Planning and Zoning and Inspections. The Village is responsible for permitting and inspecting electrical, building, mechanical and plumbing within the Village limits and the surrounding Lincoln County area. The department also works to ensure that the all projects comply with Village zoning ordinances.
Building Permits & Forms
Permits are required to ensure that works meets minimum safety codes and standards. The permitting process also allows the Village to determine whether or not the project is in a flood zone. Village of Ruidoso Inspectors issue permits for all residential and commercial structures. Visit our Building, Permits & Inspections page.
If you do work without a permit, it may affect your ability to sell your property at a future date as lenders often request proof of inspections for any changes made to a building. The Village of Ruidoso Inspectors must inspect all construction projects for both residential and commercial structures.
Planning & Zoning
- Case #PV-2017-0342: 113 Morgan Drive – Variance request – Shippen & Rafael Salas; Town & Country Estates, Block 4, Lot 6.
- Case #PCU-2017-0406: 637 Sudderth Drive – Conditional Use for Childcare Center – The Green Child; Palmer Gateway, Block 2, Tract A (east 160’ of Tract A).
- Case #PCU-2017-0427: 2704 Sudderth Drive – Conditional Use for Mobile vending stand onsite – Sacred Grounds Coffee & Tea House; Navajo Subdivision, Block A, Lot 4A.
- Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance: Consider recommendation to the Governing Body on an Ordinance Amending the Village of Ruidoso Municipal code of Ordinances, Section 54-106 "Short Term Rental Overlay Zone", to Revise the Procedure for Registrations and Administration. The proposed amendments would maintain the existing overlay zone but would change the term of rentals to 3 years, ensure self-certification of fire inspections, increase penalties for non-compliance and streamline the registration process, among other amendments.
- Case #PV-2017-0033: 107 John Christmas Drive - Variance request of 10' from minimum 20' front yard setback - Airport West Unit 2, Block 3, Lot 17.
- Case #PSD-2017-0087: 609 Wingfield Drive - site Development Plan to construct 12 townhouses. A Touch of Texas Townhome Project Subdivision, Lots 9-20.