Friday, January 26, 2018: Crews completed the removal of both head walls and continued hauling off waste material as efforts continued to break-up larger pieces of concrete around the structure.
Monday, January 29, 2018: The removal of Gabion Baskets on south side of river continued along with the removal of trees on the southwest side of the river. Crews also began prepping the site for the installation of Gabion Baskets.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018: The task of removing the Gabion Baskets was almost completed while bank preparation along the southwest side continued to take place.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018: Crews continues with bank preparation and Gabion Basket removal. The rocks for the river bed lining are being cleaned for replacement and reuse as backfill.
Village of Ruidoso personnel and Roper Construction also held a meeting with Zia Engineering on-site to discuss the following:
· Safety and reducing public from entering work zone
· Detour route and possible improvements, public input and suggestions discussed and acted upon
· SWPPP plan discussed and up to date records inspected
· The modification to the northeast wing wall; cutting pattern will be supplied by Contech
· Approved additional lighting plan for detour route
Thursday, February 1, 2018: The second public meeting was held with nine citizens in attendance. Discussion items included emergency response, snow removal, police presence, and detour improvements.
Improvements to be completed are:
· Correct arrow sign on Porr Drive
· Remove Road Closed sign on Ebarb at Main
· Install Sharp Turn sign at the top of Ebarb at Redwood
· Install more signage along route to better identify detour
· Install colored flagging along route to better identify route
· Install some stripping at locations where site distance is an issue
At the actual construction site, the river bottom is being prepared for a diversion pipe to be installed.
Progress for next week: Installation of by-pass piping will be installed.
Crews will begin over excavation of footings to start prepping for backfill and the installation of forms for footings.
If you have any questions on the project, please visit our Main Bridge Replacement Project page or contact Village Hall at 575-258-4343.