community development director
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician
The Community Development department for the Village of Ruidoso includes Planning and Zoning and Inspections. The Village is responsible for permitting and inspecting electrical, building, mechanical and plumbing within the Village limits and the surrounding Lincoln County area. The department also works to ensure that the all projects comply with Village zoning ordinances.
Building Permits & Forms
Permits are required to ensure that works meets minimum safety codes and standards. The permitting process also allows the Village to determine whether or not the project is in a flood zone. Village of Ruidoso Inspectors issue permits for all residential and commercial structures. Visit our Building, Permits & Inspections page.
If you do work without a permit, it may affect your ability to sell your property at a future date as lenders often request proof of inspections for any changes made to a building. The Village of Ruidoso Inspectors must inspect all construction projects for both residential and commercial structures.
*All Planning Commission agenda packets are posted online on the Public Meetings & Notices page
Municipal Codes & Comprehensive Plan
Planning & Zoning
- 211 Sudderth Drive: Lincoln County Medical Center - Commercial site development plan for a hospital. Palmer Gateway, Block 4, Lot 1A
- 507 Mechem Drive: Cody Young - commercial site development plan for an office building. Young Heights Subdivision, Block 3, Lots 1 & 2
- Case #PZA-2017-0666: Appeal of Planning Commission's denial of a signage permit denial on Lot 3, Block 1, McCarty Addition Subdivision.
- Case #PV-2017-0639: 118 Whirlaway Drive - Rescheduled from November 7th - Variance to construct a deck/entry.
- Case #RZ-2017-0709: 200 & 202 Gavilan Canyon Road - Zone change request from C-1 "Neighborhood Commercial" to C-2 "Community Commercial".