Friday, March 2, 2018: The contractor continued to keep footings pumped out, and construction of the forms has begun. Crew members are beginning the building of rebar baskets.
Monday, March 5, 2018: The construction of form and rebar cage continued. The north side is footing almost been complete, and crews continue work on south side footing to complete forms and rebar baskets. Roper Construction informed us that concrete will be poured Tuesday morning with the concrete and pumper truck set to arrive on-site at 10:00 AM.
Tuesday, March 6, 2018: Pump truck and concrete arrived on site at 10:00 AM and began pouring the north side footing. Terracon was on-site at 10:00 AM to take concrete cylinders for testing. The concrete pour on both footings was completed by 1:00 PM. The contractor is continuing to trowel footings and prepare blankets to cover footings for the evening.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018: The contractor inspected the site and re-aligned the blankets on footings. Public Works and Zia Engineering inspected rock at the gravel pit to be used for Gabion Basket installation. The contractor and engineer met on site and the following items were discussed:
· Safety on site
· SWPPP plan
· Exposing the monitoring well
· Change orders to date
· The schedule moving forward
· Pay application #1
· The plan forward on the cutting of the wing-wall. Roper Construction has hired a sub-contractor to do the cut. Sub-Contractor to arrive at the bridge storage site on 3-8-18 to do the saw cut.
Thursday, March 8, 2018: The concrete coring company arrived on-site to begin cutting of the wing wall. The saw cutting was terminated late today so engineers can re-assess the location of the cut. The coring company has run into some unexpected rebar and is conversing with the bridge company to work out a solution. The coring company can return on Monday to complete the cut when we get concurrence from Contech Bridges and Zia Engineering.
The anticipated progress for next week is as follows:
· The testing lab will return tests on concrete cylinders
· With a positive test, the contractor will begin stripping forms and backfilling footings
· With the footings backfilled, contractor will begin re-aligning flow through pipe so the excavation can begin on the Gabion Basket footings
· Will move forward on completing the cut on the wing wall and begin coordination efforts to set the bridge.
If you have any questions on the project, please contact Village Hall at 575-258-434